As a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I often have snacks at my events and always get asked for recipes. So, I have decided to post some of my favorite recipes here to share with you. I won't be posting on any sort of schedule, but do check back often to see what's cookin' at LA Stamper's house!

Please note, that I often cook by sight and make things up. I will do my best to show you and give approximate measurements for recipes where I do this!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Cinnamon Bun Popcorn

I came across an amazing Cinnamon Bun Popcorn recipe a while back and made some around Christmas.  It was a hit.  Warning...it's highly addictive!



Cinnamon Bun Popcorn
Adapted from Our Best Bites

12 cups Popped Popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
1 cup Pecan Halves (I chopped them up a bit)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Corn Syrup
1/2 cup Butter (yes, the real stuff...I use unsalted)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
White Candy Melts (about a cup)

Pop the popcorn and mix with the pecans in a LARGE bowl.  A bigger bowl than you think so you dont burn your fingers with hot, gooey, sugary goodness.

Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a 2 liter capacity microwave safe measuring cup (trust me, you want a 2 liter size one!).  Chop the butter into chunks and put it onto the sugar mixture.  Pour the corn syrup over the whole thing.  Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir it well.  Microwave it for 2 minutes and stir well and then microwave for 2 more minutes.  At this point it should be bubbly and happy when you take it out of the microwave!  Add in the vanilla and baking soda (it will bubble up...this is why you want a big container) and stir well.  Pour over the popcorn and pecans.  Gently stir until the popcorn is evenly coated.

Spread the popcorn mixture on a cookie sheet (with sides) or two.  Place in the over and bake for 30 minutes at 250.  You will want to stir it a bit every 10 minutes.  Remove from the oven and spread out on waxed paper.

Melt some candy melts and drizzle over the popcorn.  When the candy melts have hardened again, break up the popcorn into chunks and put in an airtight container.  Enjoy!


Note:  I used a box of Baker's White Chocolate Squares rather than the candy melts when I made it.  While the chocolate is really good, it didn't harden to my satisfaction and you ended up getting it all over your fingers...good, but not the result I wanted.  The candy melts gave me the result I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment